To establish a framework to be applied in compliance with the relevant legislation under which the University is bound, and to maximise the benefits to the University that can be delivered through an effective and efficient procurement process.
This policy applies to the acquisition of all Goods and Services made by the University and University controlled entities irrespective of the funding source or the settlement method. Settlement methods include purchasing, leasing, renting and/or hiring activities.
3 Policy Statement
This policy and its related procedures have been established to enable the University to comply with the Queensland Procurement Policy and facilitate effective, efficient and compliant procurement outcomes. Procurement activities will be conducted by appropriately trained staff and within the approved Purchasing delegations.
In undertaking procurement and purchasing the University will endeavour to:
- Drive value for money in its procurement activities through:
- selection of the procurement option that best provides value for money outcomes; and
- deployment of the most appropriate processes to facilitate the delivery of optimal procurement outcomes.
- Work across Agency boundaries to achieve savings and benefits through:
- maximising savings and benefits; and
- reduced duplication.
- Understand its requirements, the market, the suppliers and have the capability to deliver better outcomes through:
- building capability and performance at the University;
- managing the performance of its procurement expenditure;
- being outcome focused;
- appropriately evaluating each procurement activity for opportunities to innovate and improve the performance of procurement activities; and
- engaging with clients so as to understand their procurement requirements and achieve effective and efficient outcomes.
- Use its procurement processes to advance the University's economic, environmental and social objectives in accordance with any directives made under the Queensland Procurement Policy.
- Manage procurement appropriately and responsively through:
- taking a planned approach to procurement; and
- management of risk through effective oversight, accountability and appropriate internal controls.
- Undertake procurement with integrity, ensuring accountability for outcomes by:
- being accountable for the delivery of timely outcomes using public resources;
- ensuring procurement decisions are transparent and defensible; and
- meeting the expected standards of probity and accountability.
Procurement and purchasing must be undertaken in accordance with the University's Procurement and Purchasing Policy and Financial Delegations Schedule.
This policy must be read in conjunction with its subordinate schedules as provided in the table below.
7 Policy Information
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Enterprise Services)
Contract Management Policy (under development)
Financial Risk Management Policy (under development)
Financial Risk Management Procedure (under development)
Related forms, publications and websites
Terms defined in the Definitions Dictionary
Goods and Services can be either produced by the University for which fees can be charged or acquired by the University. Goods and Services produced are tangible and/or intangible products which are the outcome of human effort and/or knowledge that the University is either obliged to charge or has a right to charge a third party for the provision of these products. Goods and Services acq...moreGoods and Services can be either produced by the University for which fees can be charged or acquired by the University. Goods and Services produced are tangible and/or intangible products which are the outcome of human effort and/or knowledge that the University is either obliged to charge or has a right to charge a third party for the provision of these products. Goods and Services acquired are tangible and/or intangible products which are the outcome of human efforts and/or knowledge acquired to meet University needs. Goods and Services can be in the form of physical goods or intangible services.
The term 'University' or 'USQ' means the University of Southern Queensland....moreThe term 'University' or 'USQ' means the University of Southern Queensland.
Definitions that relate to this policy only