All the processes and actions required to manage data throughout the research lifecycle to enable it to be preserved and accessible by a controlled audience for current and future research.
- data storage and backup
- organising data into directories/folders and using meaningful file names
- archiving final state data for long-term preservation
- describing datasets for future reuse and discovery
- data sharing or publishing
- collaboratively creating and using data with other researchers
- ensuring security of confidential data
- synchronising data between desktop, laptop, USB key, cloud storage, etc.
3 Definition Information